Friday, July 15, 2011

Lettuce Cups


Recently, Tyler and I went with the other leadership couples to IKEA near the Mall of America to purchase some more children's ministry items such as furniture for the new church plant that we are a part of here in Iowa. We decided that we wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory, yum!! I looked at their huge menu and got the sudden craving to have their amazing lettuce wraps! After much deliberation I didn't end up getting them because then I wouldn't have had room for a piece of cheese cake :)

That is how I got the idea of making a new recipe for a light meal at home. If you are into vegetarian meals or light, healthy meals, these are pretty much like a vegetarian taco that are fun to try. You can make them with or without meat and with a variety of toppings. You can put a Mexican flair to it by using salsa, black beans, tortilla strips, & corn, or an oriental flair with Asian slaw, wonton strips, and  some dipping sauces.

All I did was buy ground chicken, a mini head of lettuce and made fried rice with some left over white rice I had in the fridge. I combined the fried rice and chicken with some garlic and teriyaki sauces. Ground turkey or grilled chicken strips work well too.  I also had left over brown rice so I added that to the mix. I threw some potstickers in some boiling water and that was it!  I felt like I was eating out at a fun, healthy restaurant, but not spending the money!! That is my kinda meal :)   Emery liked it too!

No comments: