Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Homemade" Juice Idea

I am not sure if you drink a lot of bottled juice or give it to your kids to drink, but we have never given Emery juice except orange juice. The organic juice seems to expensive for us and does not seem to last long in our house.

We also do not like all of the sugar added to the regular shelved juices. We have seen too many kids given sugary juices, pop, cookies, & candy that they never seem to want to go back to healthy eating unless forced to do so.



Although we give emery juice as a treat or snack once in a long while, we have been wanting it back in our diet (the fruit side of things). After all, Tyler and I love drinking it because it is so delicious and sweet! We just don't want Emery getting hooked on all of the added sugar and empty calories from it. Obviously this post is not  "freshly squeezed or juiced" juice! (I will save that for another time when I hopefully get to buy a juicer)   I am talking about canned juices, either organic or regular that have natural sugars (no added sugars) and combining them together.

Although juice boxes work great for traveling and school lunches, they can get expensive for the amount you buy if you find a good brand. So, I decided to look at an organic juice label, one flavor that I liked, and mix all of the ingredients together myself rather than paying for it already made.

All I did was buy pineapple juice (not from concentrate), nectarine juice, apple juice, carrot juice (carrot is so amazing!), a berry juice, and then mixed it all together. It tasted amazing and was just like the little store bought bottle, but I had TONS of it! It finally lasted in my fridge! It also had amazing vitamins in it! The pineapple and nectarine juice alone had TONS of vitamines A, E, & C.


If you don't have a ton of money to spend at the store on little bottles of healthy juices, try to buy one that is worth the money and then add it to a pineapple or another fruit juice.It is much healthier, lasts longer, and it can be "custom" made to you and your wee one's taste buds :) Yum