Friday, July 15, 2011

My Picture Window Nook

the reading nook

I have had a gift card from Tyler to use at my favorite store in Missouri and I finally used it and bought a picture window and an old farm crate. It wasn't until we moved to Iowa that I decided to hang some of my findings!

I knew that I needed some storage space for some books and DVDs, but I also wanted a space to read. I decided to create my little reading nook.

I found this chair at a thrift store for only 10 bucks! Tyler talked em down from 20! I got a painted bookcase to use for storage and placing my tea cup on. I also got a picture window and decided to put pictures in it! So now, it actually IS a picture window. I added some greenery and threaded together some vintage looking  seed packets.

I added a reading light and my farm crate.  Inside I added 3 tea canisters for storage that I found from Good Will. One is for pens, one is for kleenex, and one is for the remote or misc. items :)  A few family photos, coasters, and a plant finish my space. TaDa! My little nook! Now, I just need a cup o' tea :)

picture window close up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How quaint!! I love it!! You're so creative :) Hope you get to enjoy your little nook today.