Friday, February 25, 2011

NCIDQ Part 3 Exam: Operation Study, Study,Study!!

I am back at studying for my 3rd and final exam in order to pass the NCIDQ exam! I am so close to becoming a certified interior designer, woohoo :)

For those of you who do not know what that is or what I do, I am a practicing interior designer and passing the exam gives me the professional credentials within the realm of interior architecture. My degree is in interior design and I have been practicing since 2007 after I graduated.  You are eligable to take the exam after you have completed your 4 year degree and 2 years of work experience under a licensed architect or designer.

Within 3 months of graduating, God had truly blessed me with one of the most rewarding yet challenging jobs you can receive within the industry, health care design. Not only did I learn a lot, but God blessed me financially with a nice paycheck . After 2 years of working there, I became pregnant and decided to let my boss know that I would be leaving full time unless they would allow me to work from home. I knew that it was my time to leave, but the pay was what kept us above water as Tyler was finishing up his degree at Central. After praying about it, Tyler just told me to quit and that God would provide for us. Literally the day of graduation he was offered a job at the college and we would actually move to live on campus in free housing!! Praise the Lord! I could not believe it!!!

On top of all of those already amazing blessings, my boss called me to tell me that he wanted me to work from home at the hourly wage that I was working before! It was amazing because I could create my own work schedule from home so I could be with Emery.

Anyways, because I am allowed to work from home and go into work once a week, I have been able to use their facilities and resources to prepare and study for this EXPENSIVE and difficult exam. The timing could not have worked out more perfect.

Well, that is the story behind this crazy exam that I have to take. I passed 2 and only have one left! Please PRAY that God would give me good time management and focus as I study. Please pray that my priorities would also be focused on what is most important even in the midst of my time consuming studying!!

Thanks!!!

BTW... The test is April 2 and I have lots of things that I want to write when I am finished studying!!

4 comments:

Stronger.Faster. said...

Good luck! you are going to do great!

MacKenzie said...

Thanks! You are so sweet :)

Amber Starr Freeland said...

praying for you! God is so good when we put our faith in Him! love this inspiring story!

MacKenzie said...

thanks Amber! I cannot wait until this test is over :)!!!! How are things with 2 babies!!??