Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reusable sandwich snack bags & Green Gear


So I had been thinking about my first year with Emery and all of the things I have learned from her. Here is another thing I found!!!


Well, some of my friends have been trying cloth diapers with their babies for the first time and some have been doing it with their 2nd, 3rd, child. So I got thinking...

 I was searching online for some good cloth diaper accessories that I am needing to get and I thought to myself  if I am doing cloth diapers and cloth wipes, why not try doing more things with cloth instead of disposables? Why not try reusable snack and sandwich bags!?

You have seen those people take in reusable  bags to grocery store, why not take it to the next level and save money by not always buying plastic zip loc baggies?? If we are already washing diapers and wipes, its just another lifestyle change that will help save money and landfill build up. Even if you do not do cloth diapers, its another way to be environmentally friendly :)


There are so many different types and styles, they are so cute!! They have all different sizes and patterns. Some are cloth and some are plastic. Some can go in the dishwasher, wash machine, or just wiped with a dish rag. I got pretty excited about these when I ran into them online!

You can select different colors and patterns for each child so that they can have their own. Or, just let them pick out the kind they like. Why not pair it with a cute lunch bag for on the go meals?! If you are looking for something small to fit in your diaper bag, these are great b/c of their size.

Can you tell that I am excited about this people!

 If you do not want to carry around an extra cooler or lunch bag, you can also buy a mini bottle bag and use it for a small lunch bag. You can also buy regular lunch boxes, but if you already are using bottles, this is another way to use it. Just pop in an ice pack and stick it in your diaper bag/purse. (Sometimes regular lunch boxes can be too bulky to carry in just one bag.)

Small bottle bag to fit in your purse as an on- the -go snack cooler

My on -the -go bags for food, diapering & dirty items
All fits in the diaper bag with extra room to spare


It feels great to know that I can save money and be environmentally friendly. What a great message to share and teach your little ones :)




* Remember, if you decide to buy these reusable bags, it is worth your time and money to buy enough so you are not constantly washing them for the next use. Just like cloth, you cannot just have 1 or 2.


On a random note, I found some really fun and cute koozies( cozies?) while I was looking at these reusable baggies. You can buy these on etsy. Aren't they super fun and adorable!!?? You can put them on anything from bottles, mugs, to fruit!

etsy.com

No comments: