Tuesday, February 8, 2011

fruit and walnut salad


When I was pregnant, I confess that I craved McDonalds! I had a huge craving for greasy and fried foods. I also had cravings for anything sweet.  I had a room mate in college that actually worked at a McDonald's. She introduced me to the fruit and walnut salad that they have on the menu. I forgot about it on the menu until I was pregnant.

It had inspired me to buy ingredients to make my own salad instead of buying the burgers and fries. I think this is a great snack or light meal and it is really healthy for you. It also makes a good snack for your little ones.

Fruit & Walnut Salad
apples
(organic) vanilla yogurt
candied walnuts- homemade or packaged, chopped or whole
grapes
granola

If you are looking for a creative and homemade gift for someone, try candying your own nuts or granola and packaging it in an old mason jar with some fabric or ribbon :) I tried something similar to this when I did not have a lot money to spend on presents. I just found some things I already had in my cabinets to make a gift like this.

2 comments:

Stronger.Faster. said...

Good idea! im going to make my own instead of buying them at mcd's all the time :)

MacKenzie said...

I think the McDonald's one is great, but now we can make our own!!!