Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hot & Cold Herbal Packs


Homemade socks with fun prints for kids, family, & friends
If you are looking for an alternative way to heal body aches and pains look into buying or making an herbal hot & cold pack.  I got a store bought one as a gift from my mom for Christmas this year. I love it! It is an aromatherapy ice/cold pack for body aches and pains. It smells wonderful! It is made with many different herbs and grains to help heal and relax the body.

I have struggled with bulging discs and neck pains for years now and I love using this to help reduce the inflammation that I get. I think my mom actually found my gift at the Nature Creation kiosk in the mall. There are a few different companies that make them and I am sure there are many more, but you just have to research to find the one you like. It's a great alternative to buying cremes and gels that you have to keep buying with ingredients you are unfamiliar with.

My Christmas gift from Nature Creation
Here are two companies I found:

http://shop.herbal-concepts.com/

https://naturecreation.com/cgi-bin/shop/commerce.cgi


These are also great to help soothe monthly cramps or even to help elevate labor pains. I used something similar to this when I was in labor with Emery.

My mother-in-law actually makes a simplified version of these. So if you want to save money, just make your own! There are all sorts of ways to make them by just looking online. Tyler's mom just buys a pack of tube socks and fills them with rice. Then, she sews the ends to secure a seal. They can go in the microwave or in the freezer. They are a good way just to keep warm or cool. I toss mine in my bed before I get in at night. I  found some mini stuffed socks for infants too!



If you want to be creative, try adding more ingredients to your sock or make fun, patterned packs. They make great gifts for friends and family or can be an extra way to earn money if you decide you love making them so much!

Heating and cooling are simple ways to help heal the body. It does not cost much and you do not need to make numerous trips to the doctor or store for relief!

1 comment:

Stronger.Faster. said...

Hey what recipe did you use to make your own??? I would love to know what you like the most. I want to make some for our labor pains!